WANGARATTA NETBALL ASSOCIATION
Wangaratta Netball Association encourages the development of umpires within the region.
Umpiring is a great way of being part of the netball community and making friends.
There are many opportunities to become involved as an umpire in netball, with clear pathways and support structures available for those aspiring to officiate at the highest level.
- All umpire training is conducted at the Clubrooms at the Netball courts, Schilling Drive, Wangaratta.
- All umpires must provide confirmation of online Netball Victoria and Wangaratta Netball Association registration each year.
- Umpires over 18 years of age must provide evidence of current Working with Children Check as per Netball Victoria Regulations.
- Beginner and Inexperienced umpire training is available for players and any individual interested. Training held on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons during Term 2 and 3 as required.
- Experienced umpire training is held on the 3rd Monday of each month from February to October at 6.30pm. Umpires from local Football Netball Leagues and Associations are welcome to attend.
- In conjunction with the Wednesday night Competitions, the Wangaratta Netball Association runs an umpire training program where umpires receive coaching from accredited Umpire Mentors.
- Refer to current Umpire Policy for payment scale and requirements.